Clifton Scannell Emerson Associates (CSEA) were appointed in July 2012 by Dun Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council to carry out an independent review of the operation of the roundabout at Killiney Towers following upgrade works constructed in February of that year.
The review comprised the following
- A safety review of the current roundabout layout and geometry and comparison this with the previous layout
- A traffic analysis, based on traffic counts and vehicle speed surveys carried out at the roundabout
- A conflict study based on observation of one week of video recordings taken at the roundabout
- A review of all correspondence received by DLRCC regarding the roundabout since its completion
- Production of a Report to include conclusions and recommendations based on the recorded data as well as on-site observations. The recommendations included physical measures to improve safety at the roundabout
Following approval of the report by Dun Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council, CSEA produced contract documents and drawings for construction of the proposed upgrade measures. Construction of the safety improvements was completed in May 2013.