CSEA acted as Employers Representitive including Project Managers, Architect, Civil/Structural, PSDP roles for the Midlands Prison Extension Project for the Irish Prison Service on behalf of the Department of Justice & Equality.
The projsect consisted of a number of separate elements which are summarised as follows;
- Cell Block 179 Cells (353 prisoners potentially)
- Link Corridor to Midlands Prison Central Hub
- Energy Building
- New Kitchen to service 1000 prisoners
- New Education facilities (8 classrooms) & Workshop
- Covered Walkway and additional covered yards within Midlands Prison
- Midlands Prison Gatelock control room expansion to provide new Comms and Security rooms
- Midlands Prison Entrance upgrade
- New staff and separate visitors car parking within Beladd Park
- New 7m High Security wall (400m long)
- 4 no. new exercise yards, 2 no. covered.
- Stream Culvert diversion (4m x 2m x 400m long)
- Sustainable Urban Drainage attenuation tanks
- Provision of all services linkups
- Refurbishment of Midlands Prison facilities building to include strip out of existing Kitchens and expansion of Visits Facilities and Prisoner lockers
This project was delivered from initial inception until final completion and handover within 3.5 years and within budget.