Clifton Scannell Emerson Associates (CSEA) were appointed by Fingal County Council to act as Project Managers and Consulting Engineers on the upgrade of two sub-standard roads to urban distributor standard in the industrial area to the north of Blanchardstown.
Key aspects of this scheme included:
- 2 No. 70m ICD roundabouts and 2 No. 50m ICD roundabouts including redevelopment of the IDA Ballycoolin Business Park entrance
- 2 No. signalised junctions including redevelopment of the Stadium Business Park and Premier Business Park entrance
- Land acquisition predominantly by agreement with Landowners at nominal value
- Provision of 2km of 1,000 dia. Dublin City Council Water Main from Ballycoolin Resevoir with actuated valve arrangements to replace existing twin AC mains
- Provision of 400 dia. Fingal County Council Ring Main to service industrial catchment
- Private sector services included a 12 way ESB medium/low voltage ducting on both roads, 2 No. 38 kV circuits on the Ballycoolin Road and new 12 way telecos ducting for all the main telecom providers on both roads.