STRUCTURAL > Institutional
GOLDEN BRIDGE CEMETERY
- Goldenbridge cemetery is the first cemetery opened by Dublin Cemeteries Committee in 1829. The rectangular 6 acre site is near capacity with few burials taking place.
- The centre feature of the site is a listed chapel structure that has fallen into disrepair over the years.
- Clifton Scannell Emerson Associates were commissioned in 2006 to carry out a condition report on the cemetery.
- This report formed part an overall condition report on Glasnevin Cemetery that is being under taken at present.
- The first phase of the restoration of the chapel structure took place in late 2009 with further phases in 2010.
Client: Dublin Cemeteries Committee
Value: €103,500 (phase 1) 79,450 (phase 2)